Epoxy floors continue growing in popularity although their application has been around for many years. If considering it as a do-it-yourself project, you may want to reconsider. Trying to install epoxy floor coatings without sufficient experience and training can result in expense that surpasses having a professional installation. This means it is important to choose the best professional epoxy flooring contractors.
Epoxy floors are ideal for commercial spaces, as well as garage and work shops, which have heavy foot traffic. If you are considering an epoxy surface, then educating yourself on how to choose the best is the first step.
What are Epoxy Coatings?
Epoxy is a soft resin that is used to coat concrete floors. It is a coating compound consisting of two elements, epoxy resin and polyamine hardener, which serve as a hardener to set the flooring. Mixed before application, the two components engage in a chemical reaction resulting in a cross-mixing as they cure. The finished result is a finished rigid epoxy coating that bonds with the base layer of flooring.
Advantages of Epoxy Floor Coatings
There are several benefits of epoxy flooring that are worth consideration.
- Epoxy floors have a durable finish that possesses chemical resistance to most solvents and acids.
- The flooring is available in a variety of decorative finishes. Custom designs can give the flooring appearance of concrete or can be sprinkled with epoxy flakes.
- Epoxy floors are a seamless flooring that requires little maintenance making it a preferred flooring option for maintaining a clean hygienic surface.
- Epoxy coatings are robust and are a durable option for commercial settings that withstand the use of heavy machinery and other adverse conditions.
What is Needed for Your Project?
Before making a choice of epoxy floor installers, you need to make a list of things that you will require.
Type of Epoxy Coating – Considering the space that will occupy the flooring and the traffic it will endure will help you decide if you want self-levelling epoxy, gravelled epoxy, or a similar form of epoxy coating. This is also an important factor in deciding if the anti-slip coating is needed. There is also the option of water-based, solvent-based, or solid only epoxy and depending on your selection will play into the professional that you employ for the job.
Square Footage – When you obtain information on pricing, they will need to know the square feet to be covered.
Existing Conditions – Any epoxy flooring company will need to be aware of any conditions existing on the current flooring. Is the floor in an area where moisture is at high levels or in direct sunlight? Is there already an epoxy coating on the floor or is the floor already textured or in need of repair?
Choosing the Best Epoxy Flooring Company
Research Your Options – Word of mouth is always a great reference so begin with recommendations for friends, family, and neighbors. Search out a company that specializes in residential epoxy flooring or commercial epoxy applications and even larger jobs like industrial polished concrete or a greenhouse epoxy floor, whichever you are requiring Canadian Concrete Surfaces Inc. delivers perfect floors.
Check Companies with References – Searching out companies with references and examples of their work are very helpful. Ask past consumers if they had any issues during installation and if the flooring is still in good condition.
Verify Licensing and Insurance – The company that you select for the installation process should be fully licensed and insured. Verify that the insurance covers any accidental property damage. The company should willingly provide a licensing number and any reluctance may be a red flag to keep shopping.
Ask Questions – You are paying for a professional service and asking questions will help assure you have chosen the proper place.
- How many years of experience does the company possess, including the experience of their installation team? Does your team have certification?
- What is your installation process and what time frame can you expect?
- Is your installation team all in-house or do you seek outside contractors?
- What type of equipment does your company use?
- What type of epoxy do you work with?
- Will installation interfere with daily activities?
- How do you need to prepare the installation site?
- Does the company provide a warranty and what is included?
- Are there any ongoing services that the company provides after installation?
- Does the company have experience with similar projects and can they provide examples of their work?
Call Your Local Epoxy Flooring Company
Making any big decision of home or business renovation can seem overwhelming. However, when you do the leg work and arm yourself with knowledge, you can make an informed decision that you can be happy.
Your search should begin with a trusted company that provides expert guidance. Contact Canadian Concrete Solutions to obtain that guidance in making your decision. Possessing over 25 years of experience, you can trust Canadian Concrete Solutions to give you honest, expert, and dependable information leaving you with peace of mind that you are making the right choice.
Devon has over 25 years of experience providing customers with high performance epoxy flooring to fit any need or budget. Referrals are our best friend and customer satisfaction is always our top priority. When Devon is not working you can find him fishing, or hunting across North America.
Share This Article
Choose Your Platform: Facebook Twitter Google Plus Linkedin